Retro Glam Redone Tutorial by Olivia Garden
Celebrity Hair Stylist, Julius Michael, shares his tips, techniques, and a step-by-step tutorial on how to recreate this retro glam look with Olivia Garden Professional Styling Tools.
1. Begin with damp hair, using the Olivia Garden Divine Wet Detangler to smooth out hair and detangle knots.
2. Section off the center portion of hair directly above the forehead, securing the rest of the hair behind the head using an Olivia Garden Double Clip.
3. Blow dry the hair using the Olivia Garden Heat Pro thermal round brush to minimize dry time and protect the hair from heat damage. Style the hair in a curl using upward strokes. Once hair is dry, set the curl by securing the hair in a roll using another Double Clip.
4. Move on to the hair on the sides and back of the head, blow drying individual sections of hair outwards and downwards towards the chin
5. Once dry, clip each section into a roll to set the curls
6. To create volume at the crown, divide the back of the hair into two sections. For the top section, blow dry hair upwards first, then use a downward rolling motion to finish drying before pinning it up into a roll.
7. Repeat with the bottom section at the back of the head. To finish the look, apply some extra heat from the blow dryer and spray the set curls with anti-humidity spray.
8. Allow the curls to cool for five minutes, and then remove the Double Clips.
9. Gently brush out the curls using the Olivia Garden Divine 100 percent Boar brush to add shine